Top 5 Ways to Improve SEO Ranking for Free
SEO is probably the least expensive of all online marketing methods to get online visitors. The only problem in the use of SEO is that it takes time for the website to show up on Google search results. There are really no short-cuts here to get to the goal. You have to work consistently in order to achieve your SEO goals. SEO is all about knowing what to do rather than hard work. Unless you know the tricks of the trade, you will continue to work without your efforts paying off. Here are the top 5 ways to improve your SEO ranking without having to pay for them:
- WordPress is Best: For SEO purposes, make sure that your content marketing platform is WordPress. It is easier to optimize WordPress than any other platform to base your websites and blogs on. Experts advise that you use this medium to publish your content instead of the other options available. With better optimization on your content, your chances of making it to the SERP top slots get much better. There is more value for content today than it was even a year back.
- Keyword Research: Google provides free online tools to research keywords. You can use Google Adwords as well to find out keywords that are relevant in your field of work. There are other sources that provide online keyword research tools for free. You can tap those sources, too. The idea is to build up a comprehensive and exhaustive list of keywords that you can consider for your SEO campaign. If you are smart in drawing up a list of relevant and effective keywords, your website’s ranking is bound to get better.
- Optimize Your Website: The website that you have needs optimization with the use of proper keywords. The backend of the website is crawled by the search engines to index the pages on the SERPs. If you have relevant keywords at the backend, your website has a better chance of being indexed as a credible source of information and services. To take your website optimization a step further, you can optimize each of the internal web pages separately. The keywords should be different for each web page. That will make it possible for your internal web pages to compete as individual websites rather than eat up each other in competition for the SERP ranks.
- Google Places: This trick is particularly useful for websites that have a local business setup. Getting listed on Google Places will ensure that people find you easily on these indexes. It will help you build up a steady stream of local traffic and also make it possible for you to reach out to a clientele that is within geographical proximity. Of course, the advantage that you get with regards to your SERP rank cannot be ignored as well. Google and other search engines value websites with proper local indexing.
- Quality Back Links: This is another free trick in the SEO book that can be utilized for excellent SEO ranks. Correspond with high-value websites in your domain and set up back links to get traffic into your website. You can offer guest posts or link back to them in return. Placing back links in prime locations will bring in online traffic and also help you in favorable indexing by Google. That will, in turn, ensure that you improve the ranking of your website. Back links are a time-tested method of improving SEO ranks and will work for you without fail!
Author Bio: Abhishek Srivastava is a blogger who writes extensively about SEO and keyword research at top web design company.